Sunday, July 3, 2011

Too Much Crap.

This isn't about the airhead, thank goodness.  No, this is about looking around our apartment and then thinking about the boat, and wondering where in the world we are going to put our crap.  It's amazing that with only 650 sq feet of living space that we - or I guess I shall own up to it - "I" - have accumulated so much stuff.  The fact of the matter is that we will have to get rid of a lot of it.  We've already begun doing so - giving things to friends and family as well as multiple trips to the local thrift store.  But still there is so much more.  And it all seems important.

However, I know that isn't entirely true.  Yes there are a lot of things with sentimental value, or items that we've received from family that we just won't be able to part with.  Those items with either be stored or "borrowed" out to family/friends until we find the space to use them once again.  All the other stuff - well - it's going to take multiple rounds around the apartment to slowly purge what I once thought I just had to have.  With all the difficulty in doing so, I truly do feel better when our space is less cluttered - it is so much easier to organize and clean. The boat will ultimate dictate what we can and cannot have - mostly cannot.  But I see this as a good thing.  Hopefully more opportunity to save, pay off the boat, and have more time to experience life.

No comments:

Post a Comment